False Dates Slideshow

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Are The JW's Modern Day Alexandrian Cultists?

I was doing some research on Bible manuscripts this evening and I found something very interesting. When the Bible was first being translated into English that scrolls and books were gathered together from all over the world and with only some spelling differences in some names of people and cities like Peter / Pedro, they were all the same. They were exact copies of one another.

The one exception was the Alexandrian Bible. It was written by some folks called the Alexandrians. The scholar mentioned that they were sort of like Jehovah's Witnesses because they called themselves Christians but they believed a lot of strange things. Apparently they didn't like some verses in the good copy of the Bible they had so they took them out and added in others to fit their beliefs and created a new version of the Bible.

This altered version it is claimed to be the basis for the Catholic Douay Bible, Westcott & Hort's Translation and the New World Translation which is used by the jw's.

I am going to be doing more research on this, because I feel it deserves my time. If I find anything out I will be sure to share it here with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI0emSheXRY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good points and the details are more precise than elsewhere, thanks.

- Murk

Anonymous said...

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would love to mention that this post extremely forced me to try and do therefore! really nice post. thanks, here's a similar subject you'll like [url=http://blogs.bigadda.com/mis5092317/2010/10/21/some-great-benefits-of-owning-a-natural-light-alarm-time-clock/]Collectables[/url]