False Dates Slideshow

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Allow Deuteronomy 18:20-22 To Be Applied To Their Own Organization?

From their own New World Translation:

Deut. 18:20-22

20 “‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’

I know they claim that they are only spirit guided and not inspired and that they never claimed to be prophets. Therefore they say that this hard hitting scripture cannot be applied to them. But what about this? Page 197 of the April 1, 1972 Watchtower Magazine says under the heading of: IDENTIFYING THE “PROPHET” These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? The clergy of the so-called “Christian” nations hold themselves before the people as being the ones commissioned to speak for God. But, as pointed out in the previous issue of this magazine, they have failed God and failed as proclaimers of his kingdom by approving a man-made political organization, the League of Nations (now the United Nations), as “the political expression of the Kingdom of God on earth.” However, Jehovah did not let the people of Christendom, as led by the clergy, go without being warned that the League was a counterfeit substitute for the real kingdom of God. He had a “prophet” to warn them. This “prophet” was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian witnesses. They are still proclaiming a warning, and have been joined and assisted in their commissioned work by hundreds of thousands of persons who have listened to their message with belief. --(Emphasis mine)

I think that it is clear that they are calling themselves prophets in this article. An article that was written during the height of their false claims that the great tribulation would be complete by the end of 1975 and that Christ's Millennial Reign would begin immediately after. How many times does a prophet have to be wrong I wonder to qualify as a false prophet? One false claim is all it should take. GOD's reputation will not be sullied by the false claims of evil men. So, whether the Watchtower Society's leadership thinks that no one should apply Deuteronomy 18:20-22 to them or not, I believe that we are correct to not be afraid of them and in fact should disregard everything the Watchtower Society prints as being of Satan. After all, GOD will apply Deuteronomy 18:20-22 to all false prophets...The Watchtower Society included.

Source material for 1975 claims:

Audio of their governing body member Brother Franz saying that it would all be over by the end of 1975:



Text of the audio: "...So you see, we don't have much left to this year nineteen hundred and seventy-five, It's gonna end at sundown on September the fifth, and that immediately after September the fifth why the Millennial Kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ MUST begin in order to fulfill the final thousand years of God's great seventh creative day. And they're expecting the Great Tribulation to occur, and the destruction of Babylon the Great, and the annihilation of the political systems of this world, and then the binding of Satan and his demons, and their abyssing to occur before this year is ended, this year nineteen hundred and seventy-five. And immediately thereafter the thousand - year Reign of the Lord Jesus Christ to begin."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy you guys have put these posts up here because they are irrefutable evidence that the organization is a cult. I was a “Jehovah’s Witness” for many years and then I started to read old publications after people I would meet in the door to door ministry would say that I just say what I am told, and I would defend the society with words they told me to say (Imagine that) and not what the truth was because I didn’t know, Why-- because it was firmly suggested not to read old publications because we have new light. I later found out by reading these publications that just like you all have irrefutably stated the society is truly deceivers of God’s truth to the core. It was embarrassing to me that all the years of being in this cult I didn’t see it even though I studied so hard, and prayed and prayed so hard that I would be worthy of life and now I see I was trying to be worthy to an organization and not our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I kind of wish someone would have flat out said I was a liar when I was defending the organization because maybe it would of woke me up earlier, but hey God has everything under control and no matter what - the redemption from sins is free and not something you buy by turning in a monthly sheet of paper. Don’t get me wrong, I love talking about our savior to everyone but I’m not doing it to condemn anyone anymore but share the free gift of our Lord Christ Jesus. It is Oh so wonderful to read the bible now without being spiritually blinded, and how it feels so good to be able to question what others state about God’s word because it is so up building and strengthening to know we can test every interpretation of scripture on our spiritual walk with God who promised us he would always be there guiding us personally if we just ask him to.

Unknown said...

it was 1974 and my grandma had me and my brother another study with a brother down the street, I knew if I didn't change my ways I would die soon, I was 14 years old and just wanted to be a teenager, well 1975 came and one night the moon was blood red and I thought this is it the end, WELL 38 years later and I am still here...what a big lie, I feel sorry for kids growing up in that religion . it gave me and my brother a bad outlook on life..........thank you for reading this ...Michael

Watching Tower said...

I've written an article about deuteronomy as well. Linking the 1975 profecy http://watching-tower.page.tl/Deutoronomy.htm

Anonymous said...

I am from California, thus Californian. I am in Christ, thus Christian. Christians Witness Jesus Christ ...Hello, Israel already knows Jehova God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Its the sinless rejected Messiah, Savior of the whole world, The Only way to the Father..JESUS CHRIST.And we expectantly await for them to profess: Blessed is He who cones in the Name of the Lord.