False Dates Slideshow

Friday, July 24, 2009

Jehovah's Witnesses & Former jw's, Are You Or Were You Ever...?

ASHAMED?

Ashamed to admit that you either are or were a jw?

I have been having a discussion with a fellow ex jw this evening over pecan pie and ice cold milk and the topic of pride and shame came up. I discovered that while my companion was well known to his classmates and neighbors as a jw and he took great pride in his role as a jw. He was hated at school but used that to puff himself up with pride he says.

This seemed foreign to me because as I was growing up in the 1960's and 1970's my being a jw caused me nothing but grief. From problems with teachers and students to neighbors making fun of me I felt a dread anytime I felt that someone new might learn of my parent's choice in religion.

Even now, when I speak to current and former coworkers I never, and I mean NEVER let them know anything about my ties to the Watchtower.

How about you? Anyone out there ever ashamed of your jw-ness?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was likewise proud when I was a JW. As I fell away from the religion I began to have more sense. Now I'm completely embarrassed -- I know how obnoxious and oblivious I must have seemed to everyone. I'll admit my past readily, but I always make it a point to let others know I've "repented" of the JW dogma.

Mister Lorenzo said...

I think that repenting is a good thing to do. I know I felt so much relief after repenting of my sinful and anti-Christian behavior as a jw.

Anonymous said...

I was always ashamed. I am to this day to have ever said I was JW.

Anonymous said...

im a jehovahs witness and im not ashamed of me being part of that group. those who decided to leave jw will somehow regret thir actions.i promice you.

Anonymous said...

hahaha im no jw but i have relatives who are...but u guys who say ur embarrased to be a jw are a bunch of fakes who dont know how to stand up for yourselves, when ppl ask me wat religion i go to i say i dont go to church but my family are jw

Anonymous said...

im a Jw.. and in never ashamed about it...